Fantasy Sword HUD

With an MA deadline approaching, I was going through my work and found a couple of HUD designs that I had forgotten to post.


This is my design for the an RPG HUD. I decided to go online and search for game screenshots. I found this and decided to create a HUD with no context or ideas about mechanics. I wanted to focus purely on the aesthetics of my design working with the aesthetics of the game. I included the key display elements:

Bars

I created a health and stamina bar in the top left of the screen. I wanted to try to incorporate swords into this design in order to match the dark, gothic, fantasy aesthetic of the screenshot. I used a sword hilt for the larger health bar and a dagger hilt for the smaller stamina bar. I really like how these turned out and look forward to making more custom bars in the future!

Currency

The lower left of the screen shows the player's current wealth and how much money they have available to spend on upgrades, items and equipment.


Comments